Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


May 18, 2017

More poppies for Penny Black and More

Hi everyone, today I am sharing the card I made for the Penny Black and More challenge reminder, and it's also the card I made for my Mother-in-Law for Mother's Day which was celebrated last Sunday here in the States (and in some other parts of the world).
To make my card, I first masked the edges of the the white card stock using washi tape and added a circle mask for the sun (or moon). The grass and sky were inked, then I used a word border stamp by Whimsy Stamps on the grass part. The masks were removed after inking and then I stamped the poppy image. I stamped it again on designer paper and fussy cut the blossoms. Not sure if you can tell, but I used a clear wink of stella brush on the flowers. The poppy pods were colored using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils.  I finished off the card by adding a punched butterfly with some sticky pearls.

And below is the inspiration photo/colors. 
May 

Use the image or colors as your inspiration and come play along.


I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. The weather was perfect and my family surprised me with this beautiful garden fairy. This year I decided to plant some Hostas around our large tree in the backyard and I thought this pretty fairy fits so well into this setting.
The pink flowers on the right side don't seem very happy, it's only because they were just planted before I took this photo on Mother's Day,  they do look beautiful now. The bench is really old and "use at your own risk" 😁, but the squirrels like sitting on it so it is staying. Plus it makes a good spot for the little fairy garden my daughter and I planted.
 
This week I also finished planting all my vegetables, I bought more than I could fit into the garden, so hopefully they will still grow, as I had to squeeze some in.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week, I will be back again on Saturday with my card for the Allsorts special birthday challenge.

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A dramatic and beautiful card Ellie. Love your gardens :-) Mine are currently all weeded and plain as winter is hitting us here - although my Hellebore is starting to flower in it's spot.
Blessings
Maxine

KandA said...

I love how you created this fabulous card with the wonderful background and super paper piecing xx

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!! Love your garden!

Unknown said...

Lovely use of DP in your flowers. This project is very well done.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your card is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers!! And loving the fairy you got!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Linby said...

OMG Ellie this is amazing, just love it, pinning it for future inspiration!
Your little area of the garden looks fab too with your present.

brenda said...

Love the background you created Ellie and am always a fan of paper piecing so your card really appeals.

What a lovely Fairy you had for Mothers Day, she fits is really well under the tree.

B x

Kathleen said...

Super image and love the papers piecing and the fabulous background.

Kath x

Anonymous said...

Eine wundervolle Karte und genial gestaltet!
Schönes Wochenende und ganz liebe Grüße
Daniela

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful Mother's Day card! I love the masked flowers. And wow! What a nice Mother's Day gift. I love your little garden spot!